AIM2Help Grant 2018-2019
Thank you for your interest in the 2018-2019 AIM2HELP Grant.
AIM is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the lives of people with autism by connecting the NW Arkansas community through greater awareness and resources. Autism Involves Me provides funding for AIM2Help, a grant program for Benton and Washington County families impacted by Autism Spectrum Disorder and Sensory Processing Disorder.The AIM2Help grant program was formed in 2009 in an effort to offset some of the financial burden that a family incurs while also being beneficial to the individual with autism. Through the AIM2Help grant program a family can request a wide range of therapeutic items, therapeutic equipment, services, camp fees or fees for various lessons such as therapeutic horseback riding, swimming, art or music.
In order to qualify for a grant a recipient must:
- Be diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder or Sensory Processing Disorder
- Reside in Benton or Washington county
- Not be on the Medicaid Waiver Program
- Provide a recommendation letter from a Therapist, Educator, or Direct Service Provider who is currently working with or seeing the applicant. The letter MUST include: Autism or Sensory Processing Disorder diagnosis, defined need of applicant, benefits of requested item(s), service(s), or support(s) to the applicant, and their signature along with their credentials.
- EVERY question is REQUIRED to be answered and ALL requested items/services must be submitted with application.
- Incomplete applications will NOT be reviewed and you will NOT be contacted for additional information.
Maximum grant is $500.00, INCLUDING shipping/handling and taxes. Please note that it is at the discretion of the AIM2Help Grant committee to approve or deny each application and amounts requested are not guaranteed.
Examples of possible uses for grant funds:
- Social Skills Training, Sensory Integration, Vision Services, Therapy Services
- Camp Fees, Computer Software, Sensory Equipment
- Horseback Riding Lessons, Music Lessons, Swim Lessons, etc.
- Educational Conference Fees, Training Materials
AIM recommends the following sites for materials and reserves the right to not order from unknown or unsecure websites:
- Super Duper Publications
- Lakeshore Learning
- Sensory Goods
- Fun and Function
Grants will not be approved for the following:
- School Tuition
- Electronics, such as iPads, Kindle Fires, Tablets and eReaders for children under the age of 7 years old unless device will be use exclusive for a communication tool
- Please note, iPads, Kindle Fires, Tables and eReaders will not be approved unless the recommendation letter from your provider provides extensive documentation of therapeutic benefit. Multiple letters of recommendation for device from multiple providers is strongly suggested.
In order to be eligible for the AIM2Help Grant, you MUST include the following: (ALL fields require AT LEAST one document)
- Completed grant application
- Letter of Recommendation from Therapist, Educator, or Direct Service Provider who is currently working with or seeing the applicant. The child’s diagnosis MUST be stated in the letter. Letter MUST include signature and credentials (Letter MUST have physical signature; electronic signatures will NOT be accepted)
- Detailed explanation of benefits of requested item(s)/service(s). Be sure to include the website and cost including shipping/handling and taxes.
Application MUST be submitted ONLINE with supporting documents included. You will upload documents and apply at www.aimnwa.org
- Complete request by listing the SPECIFIC items, materials, activities, support, and/or services for which funds are requested. Please refer to examples of approved activates, supports and services, as well as recommended websites. This list is NOT all-inclusive and is to be used only as a point of reference for suggestions. Please remember that the total amount request is not to exceed $500.
- Attach documentation stating costs. For example: a conference brochure, copy of item from catalog or website, camp brochure, flyer for services, quote on a company letterhead, invoice, or program receipt. To expedite verification of requests please submit documentation on provider letterhead with contact information. *Please highlight or circle the cost of the request on documents submitted.*
- Please keep in mind that grants range up to $500 and the full $500 might not be approved. Total grant approval will include all shipping/handling costs, taxes and any other fees.
- If you wish to request funding for an activity, support or services that need to be paid for prior to AIM Grant Pick-up you may consider paying up front and submitting a receipt for reimbursement. There is absolutely NO guarantee of approval for payment of your requests at the time of your application submission, therefore choosing to self-pay for an activity, service or support prior to the awarding of AIM2Help Grants will be “AT YOUR OWN RISK”. AIM accepts NO liability or responsibility for payment of services rendered for any applicant prior to the awarding of the AIM2Help Grant. In order for a reimbursement request to be considered, the following must accompany your application and other required information: A copy of an itemized receipt or invoice stating the name of the provider and/or facility, services rendered, date(s) of service, and amount of service(s).
- Checks that are issued for services, fee or reimbursement MUST be cashed with 6 months of check issue date. Checks that are not cashed within 6 months will be voided and new checks will not be issued. If service is needed 6 months after November 2018, a check can be written for you at a later date. PLEASE NOTE, It will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian to request check at the agreed upon date.
- Supporting documentation of costs of requested items, services or supports.
- Recommendation letter from Therapist, Educator, or Direct Service Provider who is currently working with or seeing the applicant. Recommendation letter MUST include the following information:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder or Sensory Processing Disorder Diagnosis
- Defined need of applicant
- Benefits of requested item(s), service(s) or support(s) to the applicant
- Signature along with credentials. Letter MUST have physical signature; electronic signatures will NOT be accepted
AIM2Help Grant 2018-2019 application here